1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Making your own website

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by dougleman, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Hi all
    I know that most of you out there will probably be using this already but I have been using the Weebly pro education account to set up my own media website and create student accounts (ideal for online portfolios etc). I'm trying to use mine to showcase media studies across key stages and it seems to be working really well - haven't got a lot on there yet (only published last week), but might be worth a look if you're looking for a way to display any digital work:
    http://swanwickhallmedia.weebly.com/
    Any advice about what I could do to improve the site would be greatly appreciated! Should have a lot of music videos to put on there soon!
    Thanks in advance, Doug (Swanwick Hall School)

2. Look forward to seeing some of your work
    while we're promoting sites
    www.krsmediastudies.co.uk.

3. I like it!
    I'd love to teach media at KS3 - might be something I can introduce in the future I guess. I run a film club and manga club after school which helps introduce KS3 students to media oriented activities, but it would be really nice to take them through a Level 1 course somehow in preperation for GCSE.
    Any ideas how the site might be improved?

4. Not sure if you saw it with students' work on it or not as I've been having problems with the ftp and uploading images. Should all be there now though.