1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Making Web Pages

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Penny10p, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Penny10p

Penny10p Occasional commenter

My knowledge of HTML is limited and up untill now I have used it as introduction to web design and making a website in MS Frontpage. My current school has no web creation software and I would like to take the HTML a little further. My students are very interested and would to create a site and publish it on the web. So far we have created a webpage in Notepad and added background colour, formatted fonts, marquees, images, hyperlinks, and a game. Where do I go next with this? How easy would it be for the class to all make webpages and then combine them to make one website? Are there sites that would allow the site to be published? We have no VLE or school intranet.
    I know there are lots of sites about HTML out there but I need something very easy to understand as I am just about brain dead approaching the end of the year.
    I'm sure lots of IT teachers must do this sort of thing with their pupils.

2. Mr_G_ICT

Mr_G_ICT New commenter

Get them to make their webpage around a table. Linking the pages together is easy. you make one page that looks great then do a file>saveas to make a new page. all you then do is add a hyperlink to the new page.

For the higher abilities you could get htem to insert an image then add the hyperlink to the image to make it a button. I have a HTML guide that i wrote YEARS ago that tells kids how to do things, you are welcome to have it if you message me with your email.

3. arron spelt aaron

arron spelt aaron New commenter

Try:-
    http://portableapps.com/apps/development/nvu_portable

Ahren

4. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

that depends on the systems in school. If you have an area they can all write to then it's easy. If not then not really easy within the school.

5. jweb2k

jweb2k New commenter

I'm sure you can get a sitemap generator that would link it all together for you... if not and you have php enabled web hosting to upload it to I could knock up a quick script that would do it for you.

6. Penny10p

Penny10p Occasional commenter