1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

making video

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by smiler1234uk, Jun 29, 2011.

1. kind of off topic her just wondered if anyone could possibly help? I would like to record my class doing the perfect day song individually, then link it altogether a bit like the comic relief version. So my question is what is the easiest software to use to do this? any suggestions would be great! thanks in advance

2. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

movie maker should do it painlessly?

3. wiv7

wiv7 New commenter

Buy a portable green screen and a copy of sony vegas movie studio. Great fun, pretty cool and engages students.

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

How are you doing the soundtrack? The reason I ask was I once considered doing a school version of Nickleback's 'Rock Star' but foresaw all sorts of problems with the lip-synching in Movie Maker as it's not incredibly precise when editing frame by frame.

Presumably you have a backing track, which the students will be heard to sing over, but you'll be having to record each student's singing bit separately then mix it with the backing track using audio software? It would be very difficult to film all the students singing individually to the same backing track in real time.

Synchronising the video with the recorded sound might prove problematic, whatever editing software you use.

5. I have done exactly what you are referring to 5 times now; I do a music video with each year group I teach. I started with Movie Maker and then moved onto Power Director 8 (for my last one).
    Lip synching is a complete headache either way!
    My way of doing it, which probably is not the best, is to play the song I want to use lots and lots of times until they know it backwards. Then, I get someone to mime along to it, I match it up to the original sound track (which is the whole song, unedited) and then remove audio from their video.
    Lots of tweaks later, I might get something similar to what is being sung with their lips moving in roughly the right time.
    Of the two programs, I much prefer Power Director, but it is commercial.