1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Making up a dance routine - eek!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Irulan, Apr 9, 2011.

1. I haven't seen that clip before. Thanks!

2. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

Your username may be an offence under the Trades Description Act .....[​IMG]

3. That's really helped. Thank you! Can anyone suggest some music I could use? I need to check if there is a CD of stomp music that I could buy. I will be teaching four or five lessons of stomp dancing so I need to work out how to establish a progression, but I will definitely be using the ideas from the suggested teachers tv video, e.g. for warming up and the children coming up with a sequence themselves and then later peforming it to the class. Great suggestions. If anyone else has suggestions, please add them. Teaching dancing is like I said, new to me but I definitely want to teach it well and learn from people who have already taught it. I'm not afraid to teach something new and I'm sure the class will really enjoy it.

4. [​IMG] Ironic isn't it! I don't even know why I chose that username to be honest. I think I was having dance lessons at the time but I'm definitely no dancing queen!

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Yes, show them examples, a short routine of your own and videos to 'get the little brain cells working' & then leave it up to them to work out some routines themselves. When you 'watch & assess' them, that's the time to start looking for particular examples to put into your final 'show piece which can then be rehearsed & performed.They''ll be proud of it because they've come up with the ideas & make sure that the ones who find it easier to learn at at the front so the ons who find it more difficult can watch them for their moves.