1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Making story time more interesting

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by jellybean1311, Jan 7, 2011.

1. I am in year 1 and was wondering if anyone knew of any websites where they have ebooks or videos of stories for children to be able to sit and listen/watch?
    I used espresso but there are only 6 stories on there. I want to find stories that the children may know and will enjoy. I enjoy reading a book to them but sometimes a more interactive approach would be better for the children. Any ideas where I can find some suitable stories online?

2. thepinkrachael

thepinkrachael New commenter

I use youtube to watch videos of stories we have previously read, or ones that link to a topic, but I know you can't always get it in schools. If you can there's lots of cartoon versions on there - percy the park keeper, funnybones etc.
    Also the cbeebies website has lots of interactive stories.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I think that having an adult read a story to a class is much better than any 'interactive' activity. The skills of listening and engaging in language as well as enjoying a story cannot be underestimated. For story time (and hopefully it is daily) the very best activity you can do is read fabulous books well.

4. doctorinthetardis

doctorinthetardis New commenter

signedstories.com, originally for deaf children or hard of hearing but BRILLIANT!!