1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Making money online

Discussion in 'Personal' started by pocoyo, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    I was wondering whether anyone has any good ways of making extra money online and which websites are good for doing this?
    Thank you for any information.x

2. Hi there,
    I was wondering whether anyone has any good ways of making extra money online and which websites are good for doing this?
    Thank you for any information.x

3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Pretend you are a Nigerian prince temporarily short of funds.

4. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Any sort of clues as to what field of activity you were considering?
    Import/export?
    Tutoring?
    ****?
    Cabbage thwarting?

5. Lol!!
    I was thinking of things like online surveys, testing products etc.
    x

6. v12

v12

Writing essays for A level coursework?

7. What?!

8. You should check out Martin's Money Saver website. Ideas on there for making cash online.

9. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

i reckon selling my body would make me a fortune.if only folks wanted my ageing frame...not to many people want you when our old[​IMG]

10. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Yes.
    Your own website that you build.
    Affiliate marketing.
    It will take years to work properly (like any new business) but will be worth it in the end.

11. I'd quite like to learn how to build websites. Poeple pay alot of money for website designs.
    x

12. Mangleworzle

I've never paid anything for a website design and probably never will.
    To learn, buy some proper website authoring software (Dreamweaver, Expression Web etc.) and a book to show you how to drive it. An idea of what to build it about would be good too.

13. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

eBay is the only sure fire way, and they take a 15% cut once the item's sold.

I've found Affiliate selling has slowed down since the earlier more lucrative times around 8-10 years ago. Too many sellers.

I've been creating websites here and there for over 10 years now, have got a qualification in Multimedia design from night school, and only one site ever earned me any direct money, through affiliate selling. Indirectly I earned some money from a school website when I gained a promoted post to set it up, host it, and run it. Even more indirectly you can use existing sites to showcase your work (ie photos, articles) then point potential buyers or publishers at what you've produced.

Obviously if you have an offline business or enterprise then a promotional website may draw customers.

Another possibility is to set up a hosting acoount then sub-let webspace to others, but that's a highly competitive market.

14. bfudge69

bfudge69 New commenter

I was really please when the love of my life said I could do this to raise money.
    Then she finished the sentence with "to science" and I wasn't that happy.[​IMG]

It could have been worse I suppose. She could have ended it with "charge per lb" [​IMG]

15. Mangleworzle

True, it's not as easy as it was. I'm not sure about too many sellers, more a case of the SE's not liking affiliate sites so much any more. If you can find a niche and do it properly there's still money to be made.

16. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I am registered with yougov and earn some money that way. Mrs blazer also does yougov and other survel sites which pay her in High St vouchers rather than money.

17. I'm also signed up with yougov and although I complete every survey they send me, it is going to take years before I see any return on it and that return will be tiny! I'm thinking about giving up on it to be honest - unless anyone has any tips tomake it worthwhile?

18. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Just a note of caution re. yougov.

I know a lot of people have no problems with it, but I did. They pay you when you've reached £50 of work. I got to about £48 (over 2 years or so) when they suddenly denied I existed! They had no record of my sign in information or email address, and essentially accused me of trying to get them to pay me for nothing!

19. Hi,

You can make money online in several ways.In my experience i would
    suggest that Reselling business is a easy and you can earn more money on
    online.For doing reselling business you can use this site Goresellers.com.Here they are providing two reseller plans basic reseller and pro
    reseller.You can use which plan suits you best.Here you can buy the
    domains,web hosting and SSLCertificates at cheap rates and you can fix
    high rates for them and sell it.From that you can earn more money in
    online.For more information view that site.

20. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

And yet suddenly, when you're older, the possibility of doing such things seems much less taboo.