1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Making drawer/tray labels?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by PRHPxo, Jul 13, 2015.

1. PRHPxo

PRHPxo New commenter

I will be an NQT in September in a Reception class and I'm looking at making some drawer labels ready for when I go in over the summer. At the moment not everything is labelled and some things are just words (unless this is school policy?).

I don't want to sound silly here, but surely the majority of drawers are of a standard size? Where can I get a template to add my labels to? Also, which would be the best: photographs, clip art or makaton to accompany the labels?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

Lots of drawer label templates on the numerous resource web sites. don't think I can name them but just google. Some will be themed, I used rainforest ones last year, some have patterns, some have pictures related to the contents. I will name Communication 4 All but there are many others.

3. martydog

martydog New commenter

If you are in Reception the best thing is to photograph the objects and add the words to it. Then it will hopefully help the children when it comes to tidying up!

4. onmyknees

onmyknees Established commenter

Teachers Pet is a brilliant website