1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Making big life-changing decisions

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lilachardy, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Well if your heart and your head aren't in it, then maybe that's your answer.

2. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, lil.

3. Agreed.
    For far too many years, I listened to the cold, rational part of my brain, i.e. sensible, practical, don't upset the status quo blah, blah, blah....
    Life went on and I made everyone else happy, except myself.
    Do what you feel will make a difference to YOUR life, even if it means taking a risk.
    She who dares wins.

4. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

So if I discount the gut feeling option...

Oh, I dunno. No matter what I pick, it feels all wrong! None of these options are what I want!

5. Ah...in that case, open a bottle of wine and forget it [​IMG]

6. So maybe forget about whatever it was you were thinking about? Just leave it?
    I don't know - can't read minds so it's hard to give appropriate 'advice'.
    As manashee said - I hope it works out the way you'd hope, whatever 'it' is.

7. lilachardy

Thanks.

Doing nothing is worse than doing something, I've decided... which is at least a positive step!

8. Sometimes it helps to think of what someone you deeply admire or respect would do in your shoes

9. A friend once said to me to "let things sift" and basically like sifting flour things will sort themselves out in the right place at the right time.

If the decision is worrying you but doesn't need to be made for a while put it out of your mind and then give yourself a time period (and maybe place) to think about things a little more but put no pressure on yourself to decide.

Most things in life can be undone if it all goes wrong. x

10. Sometimes it can help to discount what you don't want to do to see what options are left.

11. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I've made desisions I've regretted but the only way ahead is to make the best of the way things work out. No one can tell the future, but remember , not acting is also taking a decision and isn't always easier in the long run. It sounds as though you still need time to cogitate!

12. lilachardy

Thanks all.
    Trouble is, I don't want any of the options. I can't work out which is least evil, and nor can I work out a way to work it out. If that makes any sense.

I think doing nothing is probably the decision I'd regret most, but it's also the easiest, and until a decision is made, it's the default.

Ho hum.

Thanks again!