1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Making a start

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by benham31981, May 23, 2011.

1. Well, I've signed on with reed education and had a couple of good placements.

But in even better news I have an interview on Wednesday, and with a temp post tomorrow don't have much time to worry about it. Unfortunatly this also leaves very little time to prepare (a couple of hours on Wednesday morning and a few tonight and tomorrow). Just a little advice if anyone has the time, they've asked me to prepare 2 games one for Reception and the other for year 4, not knowing what resources are avaliable at the school I'm doing it all at home which rules out anything with Interactive White Boards or indeed any other technology.
    So for Reception I've got a colour the caterpillar game, it has six circles as it's body and I have a dice and 6 different coloured pencils. The children will roal the dice and then colour in the corresponding part of the body with the apropriate colour. I only have 10 minutes so this should work fine.

However year 4 has proved more problematic, all the resources needed either a whiteboard or for me to have a wide knowledge of where the children are up to with their learning. So I've sellected a game we still have at home from when I was a child to expand our vocabulary, I ask a question such as tell me somthing made of metal begining with... the children spin the spinner and for example it might land on "C" so acceptable answers would be Cars, Cutlery etc... The winner will be the pupil with the most cards at the end of the game. Does this sound like an idea that might work or should I try harder?

Sarah