1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Making a period start

Discussion in 'Personal' started by fab208, Aug 25, 2011.

1. fab208

fab208 New commenter

All old wives tales gratefully received - I am desperate for my ten day late period to start as have a spa holiday booked starting on Sunday and still no sign of the painters arriving [​IMG] Definitely NOT pregnant before anyone asks, just menopausal.

2. fab208

fab208 New commenter

All old wives tales gratefully received - I am desperate for my ten day late period to start as have a spa holiday booked starting on Sunday and still no sign of the painters arriving [​IMG] Definitely NOT pregnant before anyone asks, just menopausal.

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

You do realise that eventually they stop completely, don't you? How do you know this isn't it?
    Mine stopped with no fanfare or cannon going off 19 months ago. Since then - nothing at all.

4. Maybe you will simply skip one? (I skipped 3 in a row this year....I'll be glad when they stop altogether!)
    Failing that....maybe a warm bath would help?

5. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Sesame seeds, apparently!

A teaspoonful, daily.

6. fab208

fab208 New commenter

Thanks for the comments - it has felt imminent for about three days - the usual cramps and slight nausea that I expect but nothing happens. I have a very vague memory of being told that there is a pressure point on the ankle that helps - you can see that I am desperate!
    I know this could be the final countdown but it doesn't feel like it - and I am aware that I sound like a nutter trying to make it start!!

7. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Senior commenter

8. Cramps, nausea, late period.
    You wouldn't be the first woman to assume it is menopause...........

9. jellycowfish

jellycowfish New commenter

If I'm due, and I go out for the day forgetting all the necessary stuff, I can guarantee I start.

10. I did better than that, I went to Goa for a week with nothing.

11. blazer

blazer Star commenter

A good shag usually works I am told[​IMG]

12. I find that if I'm late, a swim always makes it start the following day!

13. Not sure if this will be of any help to you, but there is a pill you can take (norithisterone - prescribed by GP) which will delay your period.
    It does take a few days to kick in but even if your period comes now, surely it won't have ended in time for your spa day on Sunday? Or is it just me whose period can last a whole 5 - 7 days?
    Anyway, I took the above pill for going on holiday to Turkey this summer .... typically, my period was due on day 1 of our two week holiday! It worked a treat for me and I was able to delay my period til my return home [​IMG]

14. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

So does a pretty crap shag! [​IMG]

15. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Could you dress like a character from Cranford?

(ie Period costume)

16. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I can do either[​IMG]

17. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Thank Blazer....I'll bear that in mind should the occassion arise!
    (no pun intended!)

18. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

I've actually found... this is so random... That a night out drinking can trigger it! The amount of periods i've had while i've also been horribly hungover is ridiculous.

p.s - I drink about once a month on a Saturday night I should add here!

19. madenglishgirl

madenglishgirl New commenter

Go out wearing your best knickers...that normally works!

20. fab208

fab208 New commenter

What marvelous ideas!! If only my husband was in the country (he hasn't been here for pretty much all of the last seven weeks and even when he has there was no - ahem - action hence I would have some explaining to do if I was pregnant! It would be a great way, however, to totally repulse and freak out my teenage children if I got pregnant now - ha ha!)
    I have been sporting white trousers today as that usually brings it on (mother nature clearly likes a laugh).

It is a four day spa retreat with my two oldest friends - dates carefully chosen to avoid this kind of trauma - so while they are in the pool I will be sitting at the side like a saddo because I will bet that it starts on Sunday (usually a four day girl so commencement today would have just ******** up the Sunday).

So in summary: sex, a massive drinking binge, no protection and a hot bath to round off the whole attempt. :)