1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Making a film - for the technically challenged - me!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by pastychucker, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Hello.
    My niece is organising my sister's 50th birthday party and has asked if relatives/friends can make a "music" video. Basically singing along to a song karaoke style, dressed up in a silly costume.
    Can I ....get my son to film me singing along to a song and dancing...then...take the sound off and put the same song over the top so its better sound?
    If so, is there free downloadable software available to do this? Easy to use as possible please.
    I have the use of a digital video camera.

2. up !
    Help!!

3. Windows movie maker.
    Very easy to use. Can put loads of clips together to make one film, add audio, subtitles and visual effects.
    I mastered it in a week. Google it!

4. Thank you - thats brill - just found it and its exactly what i am after. Thank you so much for answering.

5. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

audacity is by far the best free tool for sound, you can them save it and add it to movie maker.

Be warned tho, if you pc either has a lack of ram or is running lots of programs, it is prone to crashing.

6. Thanks for the tip.

7. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

personally I'd make the slides etc in power point, that save it as 'interchangeable gif' (from the drop down menu were it says ppt) and then use them in movie maker.