1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Makeup

Discussion in 'Personal' started by kibosh, Feb 6, 2011.

1. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I used to wear some kind of makeup every day, whether it just be face powder/eyeliner/mascara. Now that I am older I simply just don't care so much and hence will frequently will go for long periods of 'nudism'. I think about 3 weeks is my max. Not a touch of anything for 3 weeks.
    You?

2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I used to wear some kind of makeup every day, whether it just be face powder/eyeliner/mascara. Now that I am older I simply just don't care so much and hence will frequently will go for long periods of 'nudism'. I think about 3 weeks is my max. Not a touch of anything for 3 weeks.
    You?

3. Only wear makeup when going out for the evening, roughly three times a year.

4. I always wear it. The only time I don't is when I'm really I'll and housebound

5. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

I need my full face on to go to school.

6. Don't wear it daily, only if going out for the evening and then I use Max Factor Second Skin, which is just a whiff of makeup and not a layer of cement.
    I do "do" my eyes to go to work. Never bother privately.

7. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I usually wear some if I'm out on the razz.

Why bother for every day?

8. Never leave the house without it.

9. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

Before I became a teacher I worked in an office, and I used to wear eye liner, foundation and mascara every day, and straighten my hair. I think I made more of an effort when i first started teaching, but now I rarely bother. I do try to make an effort to straighten my hair as i hate it frizzy, but I often don't have chance. If i go out I do put on make-up and make a real effort.

10. Depends what kind of mood I'm in. I enjoy putting on make-up, usually. If I'm looking particularly radiant of a morning, I won't put any on.

:p

11. On a bit of a tangent, I had a friend who would often insinuate that only less attractive women than her needed make-up. She never wore any, and was fairly pretty in a fair, infantile kind of a way, but she had bad skin so could've done with a bit of concealer herself, if nothing else...
    I kept that to myself though.

12. I don't go for this **** that says women who go without make-up are more beautiful or more liberated. Garbage.
    All through history and in all cultures women (and often men) have enjoyed adorming themselves. Why shouldn't I?
    I always wear make-up for work, at least foundation and mascara.
    The only time I go completely bare-faced is for sports or if I'm nipping out to the supermarket or for the sunday paper.

13. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

The only times I wear make-up are:
    - a bit round my eyes for work.
    - some eye make-up and lippy for a big night out.

In the six week summer hols I might put make-up on for a couple of nights out but that's it. Given that this year we are going camping I might manage the full six weeks without any.

14. Like you, I enjoy getting myself made up. I do it for me.
    I don't need foundation for work - my skin is ok. But I do my eyes and would never, ever go to work "nude".
    Just the same as I wear perfume all the time - for me.
    Or dress smart - for me.
    Or dress slobbily at home - for me.
    I make myself pretty for me.
    Or slob for me.

15. I like to wear it, but don't mind if I don't.

16. in contrast to op, find it more vital as i get older
    used to not worry if i had any on or not - then felt i needed mascara daily - now concealer and mascara are a daily must
    don't wear full foundation, cos i don't like the feel, and lippy always look wrong on me

17. Ditto.
    One day, I will need foundation on a daily basis.
    Not yet, but that day will come.
    I need mascara otherwise I look like a zombie.
    And I demand my eyeliner.
    The way I wear my makeup is very different to when I was in my 20s.

18. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Always wore mascara for work but since I retired I rarely wear any during the day, apart from when I'm on volunteer duty - tried going in on the train without mascara and felt very vulnerable !Strange ! Wear mascara and lipstick for a night out.

19. Only wear on nights out and then its nothing special. This is down to the fact I do not know how to apply it properly nor am I any good at getting the correct colour foundation, so either end up looking pale or tangoed!
    Sometimes I am tempted to ask the students at school how they learnt to do their make up!!

20. If I were to leave the house without any make-up on, then I might just as well forget about putting on any clothes too [​IMG]