1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Makeup, clothes, handbags and kittens

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Dunteachin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I've heard other folks say similar. Believe me, I was away with the faeries and when the orthopaedic consultant came in, I said, 'Hi handsome and who are you then?' :oops:

Luckily, it was before my husband arrived at the hospital.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :D :oops: :oops: :oops:

InkyP, cissy3 and grumpydogwoman like this.
  2. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

Ha ha.......

I remember coming home from a 3am emergency visit to A&E floating and away with fairies. My husband had to pour me from the car. Apparently I promised him s. e. x like he'd never had before.......I think he might have been put off this generous offer by the sight of me hugging the bog not long after :(

3. silkywave

silkywave Lead commenter

I think medical staff are used to this. My sister told her consultant (female) what nice legs she had. She couldn't stop herself saying what's she was thinking.
    Right I need to hijack this thread now . I'm panicking about moving house. Where shall I start with packing clothes, handbags and shoes etc? Don't tell me to throw stuff away as it would be a waste!

4. cosmosinfrance

Er, put the things you don't immediately need in bin bags?

silkywave likes this.
  5. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

When I had morphine all it did was stop me screaming in agony and then I fell asleep. By the sounds of things that was lucky!

6. cosmosinfrance

As far as you know all you did was fall asleep :)

Who knows what you really did or said.......

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

I was given morphine when I was passing kidney stones.

It was wonderful. Not everyone reacts badly to this wonderful pain-killing gift.

Dragonlady30 and cissy3 like this.
  8. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Pitfalls of working in a charity shop: coming home with 'bargains' . Yesterday, I just 'had to have' a gorgeous little Phase Eight jacket for under a tenner and a lovely Primarni coat, also under a tenner. Now, the jacket is a keeper - will look fab with jeans or something dressy - but the coat ( think Audrey Hepburn black, brocade) might have to go back. If I bring things home, I need to donate otherwise my house will begin to resemble a shop. Have mastered the till and can now steam garments. Love it!

9. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

My Mum, aged 83 with advanced Alzheimers, demanded that her suppository be inserted by the 'pretty one' - a young Pakistani junior doctor - who was forever after known by his colleagues as 'pretty boy'.

10. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

upload_2016-3-19_14-1-4.png

Who doesn't have one of these?

11. grumpydogwoman

Or this may be more to your taste.

12. grumpydogwoman

So now I can't paste images? :mad:

13. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Aaah, morphine. I had diamorphine during labour and I can totally understand why people get addicted. It was The Best.
    When I was on it, I was explaining to the midwife and my husband all about Leonardo da Vinci cartoons - no, not drawings. Cartoons. There's a difference you see and I had to make sure they really understood. That fairly civilised discussion descended into me informing the midwife and husband that I had a rocket launcher and I was going to shoot a plane out of the sky.

14. grumpydogwoman

Would you like to reprise that drawings/cartoons lecture here? Because I'll admit I don't know.

15. cosmosinfrance

That made me howl with laughter ck!

Dragonlady30, kibosh and coffeekid like this.
  16. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

The art world refers to them as cartoons, GDW. I don't even know why, but that didn't stop me spraffing on about it at the time.

Dragonlady30 and kibosh like this.
  17. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Same.

18. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

When my Dad was in recovery after heart surgery he was totally off his head on the drugs, it was hilarious. He was telling the nurse his life story including some top secret stuff from when he was working on radar at the end of the War (I don't think it's secret any more). He kept saying 'I'm the luckiest man in the world, the luckiest man in the world!'. The nurse managed to keep a straight face but my daughter and I couldn't.

19. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Spraffing!! What a fab word!!

My husband is Scots and has given me a selection of wonderful words so thank you for adding to my repertoire!! One of my favourites is 'fankled'!! :D

coffeekid likes this.
  20. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

I'm rubbish. Only make-up in my house is black Kajel eyeliner and black mascara. Clothes? Ach, since I expanded I lost the desire to care about them. Handbags - I get Sister Spirit's cast-offs. She does handbags in a big way and I have inherited Anya Hindmarch's, a variety of Mulberry's and more Skipping Girl handbags than you could chuck a stick at.

Shoes were my weak spot
    upload_2016-3-19_20-14-18.jpeg [​IMG]
    [​IMG] upload_2016-3-19_20-16-27.jpeg [​IMG][​IMG]
    Several pairs of each in varying colours. But I've been good lately not bought any new ones for about 18 months.