1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Makeup, clothes, handbags and kittens

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Dunteachin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

No, I meant those who only model shoes - that is, you only see their feet in magazines etc.

2. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

@ValentinoRossi I don't know how to tell you this but I have two pairs of Crocs: a real pair in navy blue and mock-crocs in lilac. They're only worn in the house and garden but I did wear a pair of shocking pink ones on holiday. Nobody knew me. :eek:

ValentinoRossi likes this.
  3. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Of course I do and I like mine. I was wondering why gdw doesn't like them and why they make her feel like a Geisha

4. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

And I daresay they were too busy looking at your unclad beauty to even notice the crocs.;)

5. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

In my bag now:
    Purse
    Keys - loads of keys - to my house, my Dad's house, my daughter's house.
    car keys
    hand cream
    pack of tissues
    folded plastic bag for shopping
    folded nylon bag for shopping
    small make up bag with lipstick, paracetomol, ibuprofen, indigestion tablets, some other medications
    wet wipes
    a CD I should have left in the car
    magnifying mirror
    nail files
    pens
    glasses cleaners
    driving licence

occasionally I'll have my kindle or a book.

It's not a very big bag.

6. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

What? At the airport?
    There's a time and a place...:oops:

kibosh and Lascarina like this.
  7. Alf58

Alf58 Established commenter

Is this a beauty spot?

8. Alf58

Out damned spot I say

9. Alf58

Above looks like I've been at the single malt but they were posted in reply to a fellow poster who merely posted a spot. It was a nice large spot but it didn't come out in my replies which now look slightly silly.
    Oh well:confused:.

aspensquiver_2 likes this.
  10. aspensquiver_2

aspensquiver_2 Senior commenter

I am beginning to like Alf58.

11. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I have three pairs; red plastic, brown plastic fleeced lined and brown leather-look. Wear them anywhere if I am not accompanied by Maleficent.

12. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

No need for 'dog' there.

13. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Maleficent's are just big enough to carry her stuff and mine.

14. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

I do have pink Crocs. And I do wear them. Anywhere and everywhere.

But I MEANT clogs.

Handbags. Yes, I am a woman. But I don't feel like one. I feel like me. I don't dislike women. Far from it. I just feel I'm different. Not a man. No, that would be AWFUL. Just that I'm more me than I am a woman.

I wear make-up. I do my nails. I have floaty scarves. I wear loads and loads of bling. But handbags? No. Just doesn't feel right. I think they're a nuisance, an encumbrance. They slow you down. You have to look after them. I am too independent for a handbag.

15. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Hmmm!! Make up. Never leave the house without lippy and mascara.

Clothes. Three days a week have to wear smart for working in the jewellers shop. The owner wanted me to wear a black suite and white shirt. Forget that, I don't do corporate!! Wear Per Una skirts in greys and blacks, and one of my three jackets. A plain black, a silver grey and a tweed. The last two bought from charity shops.

Handbags. Tend to use one for ages then buy another E bay is my friend!!

Kittens. Owned two cats but both now gone to the cattery in the sky. The first one didn't know he was a cat as he was brought up with our Spaniels. He'd sit for treats like the dogs and growl if he didn't get his share. I used to wake up each morning with him curled up beside me. Sniff!! Second cat was part Siamese and quite a little chatterbox. Sniff!!

aspensquiver_2 and HelenREMfan like this.
  16. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Yes... I admit to crying in shoe shops when I was young. In fact cried all the way home when my mother - exasperated - bought me a pair of boys' black lace up for school. It is easier nowadays. I admit Dr Scholl sandals saved me a lil as a teen and.....

What's wrong with Crocs then??????

17. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

I have some real Dutch clogs.... before the knee trouble I loved my clogs..... and wore them a lot. Really comfy!

18. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

[​IMG]

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

19. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

As for clogs - two words: shin splints.

I used to wear clogs years ago - I almost killed myself falling down a set of stone steps while wearing them. Carrying a tray of hot coffee.

20. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

There's no sneaking up on anyone in clogs either.