1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Make money from surveys

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by MistyRain, Apr 11, 2007.

1. I'm not sure how many of you have heard of YouGov but it is an easy way to make some money by completing online surveys. It seems that teachers are an attractive group for surveys. So far I have recieved £100 from YouGov and am 2 surveys away from another £50. Of course you may not get much at all but it is worth a try!

http://www.yougov.com/users/registrationintro_ref.asp?ref...

The link below is a refer link and I will recieve a small amount if you sign up but once you do you will get your own refer link which you can send to friends etc.

I found this extra money really useful in my NQT year so I hope you will to!

Feel free to ignore this or to write below how you have never got anything blah blah blah

Misty xx

2. I'm not sure how many of you have heard of YouGov but it is an easy way to make some money by completing online surveys. It seems that teachers are an attractive group for surveys. So far I have recieved £100 from YouGov and am 2 surveys away from another £50. Of course you may not get much at all but it is worth a try!

The link below is a refer link and I will recieve a small amount if you sign up but once you do you will get your own refer link which you can send to friends etc.

I found this extra money really useful in my NQT year so I hope you will to!

Feel free to ignore this or to write below how you have never got anything blah blah blah

Misty xx

3. Good Plug Misty but of course, anyone who uses the link and signs up gets added on your referral and you get a referral fee....

anyone who actually wants to sign up without being referred can go to

http://www.yougov.com/default.asp?jID=0&sID=0&UID=

4. Dinah that was mentioned in my post about my getting a fee. Do try to read things thoroughly in future.

5. oooooh Misty

Please dont take things so personally!!! What a fantastically catty post, the claws are out!!!

Tee hee heeeeee

6. Darling if you think THAT was catty you haven't seen anything yet!

Muchos hugs *mwah*

Misty xx

7. Aaaaah,

Thanks for the mucho hugs and kisses Misty, glad to see we are friends and not enemies!

Enjoy the last day of freedom before we are back to the grind.....

Dinah x x

8. I'll post the same here as on all the other YouGov threads. I've no issue with posters who are up front as to their motives (see last couple of paragraphs) and MistyRain has mentioned her referral bonus but I'll add a little clarification for those who have doubts:

YouGov are a reputable operation and do pay out as promised but anyone joining should be aware of the realities of the earning potential. I have been a regular panel member for over four years so my figures should be representative.

Remember, they don't pay until you've earned £50. This is important as we will see. The average reward for completing a survey (usually around 5-10 minutes) is 50p. The highest amount I ever received for a survey was £2 (and that was only once in four years). On average I have received 5 survey invitations per month and monthly 'earn' comes in at about £3. The mathematicians amongst you will recognise that you will reach the £50 hurdle in about 18 months (actually I would reckon about two years because you always miss a few surveys - if you have a life!).

Well, you aren't going to get rich from this but on the other hand, the odd £50 pays for a meal out and it CAN be interesting taking part (particularly as you will see the results widel quoted in the media).

Wait a moment though, many posters mention earning £50 every few months. How come their figures are so good? Basically, as well as your direct income there is a referral bonus scheme (**light flashes**). For any new member introduced the referrer receives matching income for the first three months (ie if the new member earns £6 then so does the referrer). How does the referral process work? By asking people to join using your referral link.

Like so -> Why not join up and earn lots of money? Click here --->>>

This is my referral link and I'm including it to illustrate the point (but feel free to click it if you wish). Personally, all my income has been from my own survey work. It would be nice to get some extra though. If you want to sign up without anyone earning a referral then you can, of course go directly to the YouGov website and follow the links from there - but since it doesn't cost you anything for someone else to earn extra why not?

9. Paul you lie that all of your income has come from taking surveys yourself..... I signed up using your link!

And here is my link if anyone else wants to join up. You get £1 in your account just for signing up. Then you can pass your link on.

10. Apologies to missshinyhappy, my post is, of course a cut and paste and, while accurate when written, is slightly out of date. Checking my account details I can confirm that in the last four and a half years I have received a total of £17.75 in referral bonuses while earning £217.50 in surveys undertaken myself.

Perhaps I should either give up on replying to these postings or modify the wording to say 'virtually all my income has come from my own surveys'? The point of the posting was to explain the limited potential of the scheme rather than to promote my own referrals - even as an impoverished NQT, £17.75 over four years is not going to make an awful lot of difference.

By the way, missshinyhappy, thank you for choosing to use my referral link - looking at the bonuses I guess you are the only non-relative to have done so (although I'm sure that I'll now get loads of others telling me they've also signed up and that I'm an ungrateful cad).

11. lidlest

lidlest New commenter

Personally I think you should give up replying paul, as it's really only an ill-concealed plug for your own referral link.

If you just wanted people to join, and were innocently helping them along you would just put the direct link to the site.

oh look here's a link i'm just innocently placing here to illustrate my point...

www.yougov.com

12. I have been a member of this panel for a while now and even though I got my £1 for joining I have never been invited to any surveys - does anyone know why??

13. lidlest

lidlest New commenter

I like that one E.M. Pinecone research are also an excellent one, need to click on an ad for that one tho, you can't be referred. Many a free lunch

14. Schoolzone's loyalty scheme pays £2 per completion and the pay point
    is only £25. All surveys are aimed specifically at teachers too, so all
    are relevant. In addition you'e also entered for a monthly prize draw:
    typically £1000 worth of cash prizes (eg first prize £500, two second
    prizes of £250). See http://www.schoolzone.co.uk/community/bonus.asp