1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Make love not war.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by harsh-but-fair, Oct 20, 2020.

1. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

UK - The end of the national lockdown spurred a summer of love that revived condom sales at market leader Durex.

US - More than a hundred thousand Californians have bought a gun since the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, a new report has found, in a surge of gun sales that has experts worried about the risk of suicide and deadly instances of domestic violence.

sodalime likes this.
  2. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

US - shotgun weddings?:)

sodalime likes this.
  3. Bedlam3

Bedlam3 Star commenter

Shooting on both sides of the pond.

bombaysapphire and sodalime like this.
  4. Jolly_Roger15

Jolly_Roger15 Star commenter

Whether down the barrel of a gun, or the holster that sheaths it, I wonder if either will look you in the eye when they shoot.

sodalime likes this.
  5. harsh-but-fair

6. nomad

nomad Star commenter

1509230769-The-Durex-Brick-photo-D-Theodore-1.jpg

Rott Weiler likes this.
  7. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

As Lennon or was it McCartney said "Happiness is a warm gun, bang bang shoot shoot"

8. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

I seem to remember from my time in Asia that Durex was also a line of domestic appliances. Mind you, I quite like the Durex brick. Two of those brought together with a bang might have a permanent contraceptive effect. Could this be a possible solution to world over-population?

nomad and butties like this.
  9. harsh-but-fair

Also available as a do-it-yourself kit ...

[​IMG]

nomad likes this.
  10. DrLinus

DrLinus Lead commenter

Those will be the people who cannot afford their ambition to leave California with hundreds of thousands of others because of its double-tap taxation, urban decay, rolling blackouts, perpetual lockdown, wildfires, rocketing crime figures and race riots.

upload_2020-10-21_11-44-32.png
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_California#Net_domestic_migration

11. harsh-but-fair

12. DrLinus

DrLinus Lead commenter

Fish are not mentioned in your opening post, unlike California.