1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Makaton

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by loulou22, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on Makaton and where I can go about learning it? I'm soon to be starting a long term supply teaching placement (6 months in a Primary School) and there is a boy in the class who communicates via Makaton. As I am a supply teacher I doubt I can ask for funding for a course, and I can't really afford much myself - so can you recommend any decent books or websites for me please? I would be really grateful for any help at all, even though I'm only there temporarily, I still want to be able to communicate properly.

Thanks!
    Lou

2. Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on Makaton and where I can go about learning it? I'm soon to be starting a long term supply teaching placement (6 months in a Primary School) and there is a boy in the class who communicates via Makaton. As I am a supply teacher I doubt I can ask for funding for a course, and I can't really afford much myself - so can you recommend any decent books or websites for me please? I would be really grateful for any help at all, even though I'm only there temporarily, I still want to be able to communicate properly.

Thanks!
    Lou

3. Hi,
    There are links to some useful Makaton resources on my website: www.john-paul.org.uk
    Best wishes,
    John Paul