1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maintenance Loan - Allocation of Payments

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Long_Tailed_Tit, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Hi,

Long time lurker, but this is my first post. I'm due to start a Secondary PGCE in Maths this September and I am just looking for a bit more information about the payments of the Maintenance Loan. Having searched the net I can't find an obvious answer to my question.

I understand that my £9000 bursary will be paid in equal instalments from October to June, but I have not been able to confirm the arrangements for the Maintenance Loan.

As I understand, it is paid in 3 instalments - September, Jan, April, with the third payment being slightly larger to cover one through to the start of the NQT role. However, I haven't been able to find any information on what the % split is between these three.

Please can some kind soul who has been through this / is going through this, let me know when they received their Maintenance Loans (roughly when in the month), and what the % split of payments were?

Thanks!

John

2. pianopete

pianopete Occasional commenter

I basically claimed everything! Don't know what the % were but I think the Sept, Jan and April payments were as good as equal. I know that Sept and Jan were identical I think April was a little bigger but only by about £50 or so. Hope that helps!

3. I applied for full loan and grants and recieved:

10/9 - loan £1263.57 grant £969
    10/1 - loan £1263.57 grant £969
    11/4 - loan £1301.86 grant £968

4. All,

Thanks very much for replying so quickly. That's enough information for me to go on.

Typically I now can't find the information that told me the last payment was higher, no doubt I've actually dreamt this.

Cheers again,

John