1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maintaining Access Teacher?

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by BeHappy81, Oct 18, 2017.

1. BeHappy81

BeHappy81 New commenter

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me?
    I have recently seen a job vacancy for a Teacher (Maintaining Access). Could anyone shed some light on what this job entails as the job description does not really shed any light on what is expected in this role and I've never heard f it before!

Thanks!

2. galerider123

galerider123 Established commenter

Beats me. Perhaps you have to know the programmes going on in Scotland to understand it.
    I can't decide if it's simply a reception teacher (reporting to the Establishment; needing to be checked out for a Catholic school if necessary);but it seems to be more than that...the person would be using new resources, needs extra early years qualifications and a great track record in teaching and learning; so then I wondered if it was someone specifically to develop early years within a certain region (introducing some already prepared programme,going from school to school) . It talks about developing curriculum, curriculum of excellence, knowing the 3-18 curriculum (who knows all the 3-18 curriculum....!!??).
    I also wondered at one point if it was about access to education, so an SEN support person...
    Scotland does have regional access programmes to introduce pupils from early years upwards to universities eg in some regions nursery children and their parents go to a university for a morning. It might even have something to do with this.
    All I can say is, for an Education Authority who won some award for the best employers, they are a bit cryptic with their job descriptions...what IS this job? @BeHappy81 I feel your confusion.
    Couls someone from Scotland (or ANYWHERE) please help us out on this one!

3. BeHappy81

BeHappy81 New commenter

Thanks for your reply! I thought I was just being a bit dense but glad that it doesn't seem to be just me that's a bit confused! I kind of thought it might have been a role around early years but not sure at all! Maybe they will explain the job in more detail to those that are lucky enough to get to interview!

galerider123 likes this.
  4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

If it is a post in Scotland there is a forum dedicated to Primary teaching in Scotland - perhaps try posting there?

BeHappy81 and galerider123 like this.