1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mainland China prohibited items

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Tower01, Jul 25, 2019.

1. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Yes, in Shenzhen IKEA was really a sort of playground for children, a kind of free theme park or picnic area.

2. makhnovite

makhnovite Established commenter

And the queue's for the food, especially the 1 quai ice cream!!! :)

3. amysdad

amysdad Established commenter

They tried to stop the sleeping in Beijing too, but gave up!

4. february31st

february31st Established commenter

Just had a big argument at the airport entrance where your luggage is xrayed before you enter. I had my scuba diving equipment with me including my dive knife which was refused entry to the airport departure area.

After a long argument one of the security guards had to push my luggage to the checking desk and wait with me till my luggage disappeared into the system.

Xray security at the entrance to all Metro Stations and extra security at Train stations and Airports.

No knives or other prohibited items will be allowed into the buildings even if packed in a suitcase.

5. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

The TES Moderators always seem to have their knives out. Maybe they should not apply for a teaching job in China.