1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Main issues that may come up in a PGCE interview/group discussion...?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by MathsWhizz91, Nov 22, 2011.

1. MathsWhizz91

MathsWhizz91 New commenter

Wondered if maybe we could build up a list of lots of different issues and topics that have been discussed before, or are currently being discussed in the world of education :)

Phonics Debate;
    National Curriculum- What it is, Opinions on it, Changes;
    Behavior Management;
    Shortage of Male Primary Teachers;
    Why you want to become a teacher;
    Your strengths/weaknesses in relation to teaching,

.......... :) xxx

2. I have my first interview for Secondary English at Leeds Trinity next Tuesday, absolutely petrified! Researching and revising insanely for it!!!
    I have been reading the recent Ofsted report on 'Getting them to read early' which mainly focuses on systematic synthetic phonics which I hear is a hot topic at the moment.
    I am also preparing lesson plans, potential essay plans and learning all the terminology I can find.
    Certainly a stressful time, especially while doing my final undergraduate year. Keep your fingers crossed for me! [​IMG]

3. Hi Payne - I have sent you a message about the interview at Trinity. I did my PGCE there so have got some advice for you. Let me know if you want any other info.
    [​IMG]

4. Hi!! I have a group interview at Trinity next week. Can anybody give me ideas to prepare for it??