1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Main differences.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rsk1234, May 22, 2011.

1. I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts on what you would expect to see as the main differences between a Church of England school , and a non C of E school. Any thoughts would be welcomed, thanks

2. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

I currently work in a Cof E school. Each room displays a cross, we have a prominant RE display in each classroom, each class has it's own prayer (these are displayed in classroom along with Lord's prayer and school prayer), we have an RE display by the hall which has a large cross, a prayer book, all the class prayers and a display created by each class on a rota basis. Haven't seen this is any non Church school I've ever worked in.

3. thanks for the information, do the differences extend to the governing body, eg how they or the dioces controls the school

4. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Depends whether the school is VA or VC. We are VC and have the local vicar and a parochial council representative on the governing body. A diocese representative is on the appointment panel for the Head teacher post but not any others, church schools are also "Church Ofsteded" too!