1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mail to Cambodia

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lalad, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Please can anyone suggest the best way to get a replacement bank card to someone backpacking in Cambodia? Lalad jnr is solo travelling over there and had her bag snatched, losing both bank cards but not her passport (thankfully). Royal mail do a tracked and signed on delivery service, but it's more a question of where to send it to, as she is travelling around.

2. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

What about the British Consulate or Embassy? She might have to go out of her way but I think they'd be safe places, particularly if you contact them first.

Are there no branches of the bank in Cambodia? If yes, I think I might be inclined to use the bank or above.

3. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Hi dragonlady30

It's Halifax, so no branches in Cambodia, although I might contact them to see whether they have any links with banks over there. I had thought of the Embassy, which is in Phnom Penh, and will suggest that to her - at the moment she is ok for money but obviously that will not be the case indefinitely. I think she was hoping there would be some kind of post office system over there where she could go to collect secure mail.

4. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Just came back to say that she met someone over there who suggested DHL. It left Bristol yesterday , and they have a tracking system so you can log in and see where the package is (it's just left Germany!) and she can go to the DHL office in Siem Reap to pick it up on Thursday. I thought it would be really expensive but it was only £38 - brilliant!

5. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Good news!! [​IMG]