1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

magnetic paint

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by dinx67, Mar 28, 2011.

1. I've never heard of magnetic paint before and think it sounds very interesting. I googled and got this result:
    http://www.magneticpaintshop.co.uk/
    Plenty of information there about how to use and how effective it is, but it's very expensive! I've tried buying the self-adhesive magnetic strips before but found them pretty useless - everything that I want to attach had the wrong polarity!

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Yes you can paint what you like on top without affecting the efficancy ... because it wasn't much good to start with in our experience.

3. You can actually buy magnetic blackboard paint [​IMG] I think the make is 'International'.
    A quick google search for 'magnetic blackboard paint' will bring up the make.
    We've used it lots of times in our outdoor spaces and it works fine.
    Hope this helps
    Christina [​IMG]

4. Thanks to all that replied, we found some in b&q and have painted one board with it. Haven't tried it out yet though!