1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Magic Revision Techniques?

Discussion in 'Science' started by Sianio, Jan 6, 2011.

1. The first Science modular exam is coming up for my classes next week and I only have a few hours of teaching time (3 or 4) left with each class. I've tried everything - revision notes, mind maps, revision packs with practice questions, correcting mocks with revision guides, quizzes, collaborative question answering.... What's left to do? Are there any magical tactics that seem to really work for unmotivated 14-year-olds? Or just anything a bit different that they haven't done a thousand times before?

2. If I knew the magic spell I would be selling it!
    However, your second request for something a bit different might be satisfied by trying www.GCSEpod.co.uk

They offer downloadable audio notes for various GCSE courses. Science is certainly there. I cannot guarantee that they will have exactly what you want or any particular module but it might be worth a look.
    A slight worry is that if they are unmotivated for the first one, you might have a bit of a struggle ahead for the later ones! Good luck.

3. Sorry, forgot to add that Toondoo is also available. It is a website that allows the user to create a cartoon very easily. Give the children a title and ask them to illustrate it using the cartoons. It is fun and might be a different angle into getting them to revise.