1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Magentic strip

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ellie28, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Does anyone know where I can buy a magentic strip so I can cut into small sections for bookmarks?

Thanks

2. I got a roll of magnetic strip from Hobbycraft. You can also buy sheets of magnetic "paper" from online craft suppliers- those which sell Nestabilities that are used in card making.

3. eBay and amazon have all sorts of craft stuff at much lower prices than some of the high street hobby places. The Range is usually the best in terms of price for lots of things too.

4. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

you can also buy magnetic photo paper which you can use in your printer for sticking to a whitebaord.or cut them up in strips

5. Forgive me if this is a blindingly stupid question - but why do you need magnetic bookmarks?

6. You basically fold the bookmark over a page, so it doesn't fall out because the magnets are holding the two ends of the bookmark together.

Not sure if that made sense, so here's a link: http://www.aimind.com.hk/pic/magnetic_bookmark.jpg