1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Magazine: EYE vs Practical School

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by pete72, May 5, 2012.

1. pete72

pete72 New commenter

Does anyone have any experience of either of these magazines? Which do people like the best??

2. pete72

pete72 New commenter

Does anyone have any experience of either of these magazines? Which do people like the best??

3. I have no experience of Practical School but do subscribe to EYE and find it very useful great articles, up-to-date information and good editorial!

4. Have used both eye and practical preschool but stopped getting them both as there is no information in them for Scottish curriculum. Also found the ideas not very new. Have now stopped getting Nursery Education since it went to online since last year. Have tried it for the year but it has nothing new in it either. Tried Teach Nursery but found this to be too full of adverts and nothing much else. Felt more for childminding than working in nursery or reception class. Still looking for something else. Do like many others miss the hard copy of Nursery Education as their posters were brilliant and the hard copy did have new ideas. I also bought last week Nursery World but there is nothing much in that either. Someone out there please listen to the workers and produce something in a hard copy version for those who want it and an online version for others of the same magazine. Give people a choice but new ideas and not only English curriculum but also the Scottish point of view too. We are all in this together.

5. I used to get EYE but as mentioned the ideas got a bit boring!
    Could do with something new!

TES magazine had brilliant posters a few years ago, miss those too!

6. Nursey World has had some excellent articles in but had become a bit samey. Also used to have some good posters. I used to get Eye when I first started teaching in nursery and found it quite useful.

7. pete72

pete72 New commenter

Anyone else out there subscribed to either of these..............

8. My school used to subscribe to Nursery World.