1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mad or brave?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Cheerie, May 26, 2011.

1. Meant to add to the above ramble that the current HOD (who has overall charge of the faculty, which is what I'm applying for in an acting capacity) is from my subject, we have twice the number of staff in my subject than the other in the faculty and the other subject is non-certificate (ie the pupils don't sit any exams in that subject in any year group) where we are (and very successfully so). And just to clarify, I am qualified and have the necessary experience to compete for this job in case you're wondering if my HOD and the headteacher are trying to save me from something I'm not qualified for!
    C

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Will be interesting to see what a professional expert like Theo thinks of this, but my opinion, for what it's worth is 'not to rock the boat'. After all you will still have to work with these colleagues next year & you don't want life to be even more difficult.
    Yes, you've been treated badly, but if you start to go on the offensive criticizing the schoolby taking in a copy of the timetable you mayregret this in teh future when you've calmed down.
    Deep breaths & start looking at moving schools is what I'd be inclined to do.

3. Thank you very much for both of your replies and I very much appreciate the advice you've both given. Being professional means everything to me and I will think very carefully about how to move forward with this. Will definitely produce an executive summary which I will be able to refer to in the interview - which incidently I've been told will last 20 minutes. Something tells me that's not particularly long for a position of this nature but now I'm getting paranoid!
    Best wishes,
    Cheerie

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Go for it!

You would never forgive yourself if you were not completely professional.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.
    A new Moving to Headship or SLT seminar is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!