1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mad Cow Disease

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by AshgarMary, May 5, 2012.

1. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

In the vicinity of a certain biscuit emporium, there lies another slightly similarly named emporium to which the title of my post may allude.

Friend has been approached about working there. Am sure I have previously heard it's not the wonderfully nurturing environment the website may portray it to be so just checking before suggesting friend buys an Evil Eye necklace.

PM me if you have info in case this post is warded off.

2. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

In the vicinity of a certain biscuit emporium, there lies another slightly similarly named emporium to which the title of my post may allude.

Friend has been approached about working there. Am sure I have previously heard it's not the wonderfully nurturing environment the website may portray it to be so just checking before suggesting friend buys an Evil Eye necklace.

PM me if you have info in case this post is warded off.

3. Stay away from the Garibaldi - a bl00dy unpredictable womaniser with a penchant for risky ventures. I heard the Bourbons are for the chop too.
    Nice is a, well, nice place. A ggod place to Hobnob indeed.
    Sorry - OP. The original was a bit cryptic for me.

4. happygreenfrog

happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

On a related matter . . .whatever happened to Mad Cow disease?
    One minute it was here and a national emergency, doing as much for the beef industry in a week as the vegetarian movement had dreamed of for 50 years, and the next it was gone and never mentioned again. Weird!

5. Recently here in France I went, civic responsibilities to the fore, to donate blood. No they could not take it. "Why" I demanded, "Is it because I lived in Sub-Saharan Africa?" No that wasn't the problem, neither was corrupting pure French blood with mine, tainted with jelly and custard. It was because I lived in UK in the 1990s. Mad cows are still lurking behind a tree waiting to pounce.
    We are the "roast beefs" after all

6. I prefer to call it by its proper name --- Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy

7. rachel_g41

rachel_g41 Occasional commenter

It still means I can't give blood in Spain. I've been vegetarian for a LONG time but not long enough. I think the rule states something like you need to have been vegetarian from the early eighties onwards if you're from the UK

8. I just love the title of this posting. It could apply to a whole host of schools.Quiet contagious that mad Cow Syndrome.

9. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

Robby has identified the relevant strain of the disease ;)

10. Its the remedy I seek. My Garden of Eden has most definitely been invaded by snakes and mad cows.

11. yasimum

yasimum New commenter

I still can't give blood here in Australiaeither because I lived in the UK for more than six months in the eighties/nineties. Ridiculous. I think it would have manifested itself well and truly by now and as B negative they really need my blood.