1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MacWaterloo Road thread on TES community opinion....

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by sos1, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Having a wee surf south of the border forum, I came across this anti scottish rant re proposed Waterloo Road move to Scotland......post no 35
    Only the Scots can understand other Scots. I can't understand the obsessive need to have so many Scottish people on mainstream news and weather programmes throughout the UK. Keep your horrible accents up there. Most you you can't speak Gaelic anyway. Instead you have a language you call 'Scots' which is just English with a silly accent and some local words thrown in. It is afforded a status that it doesn't deserve because it's fake! That what irks me Mr MacCoffeekid
    Made my Scottish blood boil.......what do you think?[​IMG]
    <strike></strike>

2. Actual comment is to be found on Waterloo Road Och Aye - TES Lifestyle Community forum....

3. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

I wouldn't get too upset about anything that is said about anything on the Opinion forum. It's the land of wind up merchands and mean mean people.....

4. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

I want to report this for inappropriate content but lets see what happens. I'm off to read the whole thing first then give my opinion................

[​IMG]

5. wise words catmother....the voice of experience perhaps? [​IMG]

6. Thought this person was maybe making mischief...see what you make of it...

7. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

Indeed.

8. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Silly me for thinking of reporting it [​IMG] what a stupid set of posts!
    I was getting to like Ivornovello as he admitted he was Welsh, then he got all sexist with Mrs. Nov and I went right off him [​IMG]
    I'm glad they are moving it to Scotland as there is so little work for Scottish actors (my son being one of them - he has just relocated to London too, I could just see him as one of the new teachers!)
    Now what a pity "Gary Tank Commander" is not shown south of Annan - that WOULD get up the Sassanachs' noses big time, don't you think?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Ivor Novello is an oft banned poster but more to be pitied than scorned or reported. I'm not sure why anyone would bother to drag it over on to this forum instead of saying their piece on the thread in question, though to be fair I couldn't be bothered posting on it or complaining about it.
    To be honest, anyone who watches Waterloo Rd is in need of sympathy anyway.

10. thanks Seren - wish it was possible to "like" a post!