1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Macromedia Fireworks & Serif Web Plus

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by JamesK, Mar 13, 2012.

1. JamesK

JamesK New commenter

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone knows how to succesfully export a navigation bar created in Fireworks so that it can be used in Serif Web Plus.
    Any help or guidance is much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. JamesK

JamesK New commenter

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone knows how to succesfully export a navigation bar created in Fireworks so that it can be used in Serif Web Plus.
    Any help or guidance is much appreciated.
    Thanks

3. Can you not Export as HTML in Fireworks, then just copy the entire HTML code (plus folders etc) into the same place Web Plus could pick it up?

4. It's probably possible but I have to ask why you would want to do this when WebPlus has a navbar creator built in.

5. JamesK

JamesK New commenter

How would you export as HTML? Not great on it sorry!

6. JamesK

JamesK New commenter

It is to link in with the graphics we have created in OCR Unit 21 AO6 - presenting them in a suitable format. The moderator said that this is something we have got to do!

7. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

Do you not have dreamweaver at school? It's going to be far easier as pointed out to simply to export as fireworks html (search the menu) and then insert "fireworks html" in dreamweaver.

Give me a couple of mins I might have something in the resource bank

8. djphillips1408

https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Interactive-buttons-using-Fireworks-6054697/

I think that one does the job in showing how to export at the end IIRC

9. JamesK

JamesK New commenter

Thanks, will look now :)

10. For the new spec yes you do, for the old you don't. We have always made the navbar for Unit 21 in WebPlus so never needed to do an export.

11. This in a nutshell is the problem. Great if you are working against a marking scheme to get cheapo GCSEs. Lousy from an actual education point of view.

12. If you think that then you're obviously teaching it wrong.

13. The worksheet which earned the accolade, "the worst worksheet we've ever seen," is on a Fireworks theme. It's in the TES resource bank.

14. djphillips1408

link please

15. While we're on the subject of "worst sheets" and we've wrapped up the topic, I remember once seeing an assessment sheet for Year 7 ICT KS3 where pupils self-assessed whether they were. Level 4 "Add Text", Level 5 "Add an Image", Level 6 "Add Sound", Level 7 "Add Video". Quite how pressing the button eight to the right of text box increased your level by three I was unsure.....

16. If you teach the Navbar simply by pressing a button saying "NavBar" then you are teaching nothing AND you are teaching it wrong.

17. I think it's under HGs real name, or he is identifiable from it. Anonymity requests are fine.
    I've seen it ; it's not perfect, what is, but it's hardly the worst I've ever seen.I've seen far far worse that is supposedly "professional" (e.g. published for money, I'm not saying its "unprofessional")
    You could argue it is too didatic perhaps, it is quite instructional (it does give open extended activities later AFAIR) and old fashioned in that style but that's really a personal choice.
    I personally prefer this "follow instruction initially and experiment when you've got some idea" approach to the "play with it and see what happens" methodology but some don't. It gives those who struggle something concrete to fall back on.
    I suspect the person(s) who labelled it such was an obsessive about the experimental method of learning.

18. It was for an interview lesson so you have to make assumptions. You're right, though, that the school wanted a "play with it and see what happens," lesson. That seems like the infinite monkeys with typewriters approach to me.
    I took the view that "here's how it's done, now you have a go," was likely to aid understanding. The other criticism was that it had calculations in it.

19. djphillips1408

link please

20. Glad we agree.