1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

macro photographers

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by pantomime horse, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Can anyone recommend any good macro photographers? Has anyone completed a GCSE project looking at close-up photography? I was thinking of doing this as a project with some pupils - advice and ideas based upon your experiences would be very much appreciated!
    Thanks[​IMG]

2. Hi,
    Can anyone recommend any good macro photographers? Has anyone completed a GCSE project looking at close-up photography? I was thinking of doing this as a project with some pupils - advice and ideas based upon your experiences would be very much appreciated!
    Thanks[​IMG]

3. close up abstract photgraphy
    Edward Weston
    Bill Brandt
    Rodchenko
    Wolfgang Tillmans - beware some of it can be dodgy

4. Hi
    You could get students to set up a simple light box for their macro shots - we made one in a single lesson using a white drape and cardboard box - its really easy to do and the results are amazing:
    http://swanwickhallmedia.weebly.com/unit-2.html
    Ideally, you want just the lens poking through a hole in the box but we didnt have time and it didnt suit the lens that my student was using at the time. I have softboxes in my classroom but window light (on a bright day obviously) or desk lamps would also work fine. Students could experiment using tin foil too to create more abstract reflections. Please email me some of the results and I'll post them on my site (you can use the contact form on the site)
    Have fun!
    Doug