1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MacBook/Safari help!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4561, Feb 25, 2011.

1. I have a MacBook and use Safari..... I seem to be having uploading images from google onto TES? Can anyone help please?! I'm a technophobe...so very simple explanations please!

2. Sorry...should have read "having problems uploading images from Google onto TES" ......... am very frustrated! [​IMG]

3. A workround would be to copy and paste the url of the picture on to TEs and then ad..

img before the url and /img after the url.

both img and /img have to be in square brackets with no spaces..

so..

[ i m g ]www. anniespics . co. uk [/i m g ]

with no spaces

4. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Senior commenter

That used to work for me, bauble but I don't know what's happened lately. Since the last few rounds of up-dates to the site, I can't even copy and paste directly here. I only seem to be able to get round it now by copying and pasting what I want to write into a Pages (or Word) document and copying it again from that - a real pain but it seems to paste that way. It's not just urls that are the problem, either, it's everything as I discovered when I tried to move around some of the answers I'd written to a questionnaire yesterday on Opinion.
    I suppose I could download Firefox - I was forced to do that in the end with my last computer but I had to get a new one when that gave up the ghost.

5. The latest firefox 4 beta is really, really fast. i've just switched back to it from Chrome.

6. anotherauntsally

Sorry, I should also have said that even after going through that palaver, you'll still have to do what Bauble said for addresses and pictures (if you haven't decided by then that you didn't really want to post them after all).

7. anotherauntsally

I think that's probably the answer. Thanks.

8. I cannot get it to paste even that way

Do you have problems with other right click options too ... I cannot spell correct with right click either [​IMG]

9. anotherauntsally

I haven't tried it with Word - I just assumed. Strangely, while it works for me if I use Pages, using TextEdit's no use.

Neither can I. Same problems with shortcut keys - annoyingly, I can cut something but can't paste it somewhere else in the message - or even back where it was originally. Odd.

10. Copy and Paste

WOW

I think I love you .... does not work through Word and I only recently got Pages ... will have to keep a sheet open from here on in [​IMG]

11. anotherauntsally

Ha, ha! You don't know how much better it makes me feel to know that at least one poster doesn't think going to all that trouble's a bit over the top.

12. Every now and then I use Firefox ... I get sooooo confused by not using the and

13. Thank you Bauble! I was doing that before, but for some reason had started inserting an unnecessary space....and '-'

and thanks to everyone else too for trying to help! xx BINGO!