1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mac V PC in school

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by MrDraw, Jul 25, 2011.

1. <font size="2">i have worked with mac for the past 7 years during uni and practicing artist and am just starting my PGCE I have taught in a school for 18 months (very small EBD school) were only the music department had use of macs.</font><font size="2"> </font><font size="2">but are they more extensively used in other school?</font><font size="2"> </font><font size="2">will i need to have use of a PC laptop? :S</font>

2. artcrisis

artcrisis New commenter

The vast majority of schools use Windows. There have been comparability issues with Macs and existing school networks. In the City Learning Centres (well the ones they have not yet closed down) it tends to be dual boot.

3. artcrisis

artcrisis New commenter

Compatability: correction.

4. <font size="2">ha yes indeed, i did spend a particularly long time last year making food tech worksheets!! took ages to get it right!! then spend ages making colouring pupil friendly levels in maths </font>