1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ma last post... :(

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by WeeScabbyDug, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Good to hear Scabby's doing a bit better. Still got plans for the beach today? He deserves as many treats as you can manage. ;)

Ours could 'be persuaded' to nibble at some minced chicken too. :)

2. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Aww. Well done Scabby. Xx

3. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Good to hear he's made of tuff stuff. :)
    xxx

4. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

It's the Skottish part of Scabby wot's keepin him goin.

5. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

He is one hell of a fighter.

Motherofchikkins and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  6. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

(((Scabby))) scrappy little dude. Much love xx

7. guinnesspuss

Nah. Ee's part dingo.

8. smurphy6

smurphy6 Senior commenter

Bless his beautiful doggy heart.

9. Motherofchikkins

Motherofchikkins Star commenter

Thank you everyone. I feel absolutely awful. i didn't mean to start an alarmist thread The dug to all intents and purposes was clearly at death's door on Saturday. The vet said that when she pumped him full of painkillers, including morphine, and told us to have the weekend to come to terms with our impending loss, she wasn't actually expecting to see him again at all. She did a double take when she saw him again and just said "Wow."

OH and I have initially grieved and cried and told our family and friends. We've been receiving text messages of support from friends who've told other friends, who are texting to say they are sorry for our loss ......while Scabby is currently sniffing the kitchen floor in case I've dropped some food there.

So, OH and I both feeling a bit 'foolish' but, immensely grateful to everyone for their love, sympathy and support. It might still only be days now, we don't know. Maybe a week? Two weeks? We've no idea what happens next. The vet doesn't know, we're just watching on a day to day basis now, but I'm very glad to have this 'extra' time and give him extra cuddles and some beach trips xxx

10. Lara mfl 05

You can be glad of that extra time though, so enjoy it while you can.:D

11. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Don’t feel foolish. We’re just glad you’ve got Scabby for a little longer. And pleased to offer virtual support.

12. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Wot Sunday said. xxx

13. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Much luvs from the cats. xxx

14. Motherofchikkins

Motherofchikkins Star commenter

Thank you everyone. He is still here and looking pretty much as he did before, looking for food and wagging his tail. Not as active as he was, but he’s awfully old and still has arthritis, so just watch, wait and see how he goes. Have no idea of what has happened here, but glad for the extra time, and the reminder to not take your pets for granted x

15. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Glad to hear that, MoC. Enjoy having him for a bit longer. x

16. Lara mfl 05

Indeed that 'extra time' must truly be a blessing @Motherofchikkins :D. Enjoy it. (ANd Scabby says ,"And don't ferget the Beech!" ;)

17. guinnesspuss

Really pleased to hear he's rallied and you have him for longer. Don't forget ...
    upload_2019-11-6_11-15-26.jpeg

18. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Been away. How is Scabby now?

Lara mfl 05 likes this.