1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

MA in Education from UK equivalence in the US?

Discussion in 'US – Education news' started by ToniFernandez, Nov 29, 2018.

  1. ToniFernandez

    ToniFernandez New commenter

    HI there,

    Thank you very much for reading. I've looked for this question through the web but couldn't find a concrete answer. I'm considering moving to the US and I've seen that having an MA is very appreciated and could make it easier finding a job (I know there aren't any guarantees tho)

    So my questions is: An MA in the UK would be valid/equivalent as an MA in the US? Is there anything I need to consider, or is there any US institution that would check UK degrees and its equivalence in the US (I guess like Naric in the UK)

    Any info is very much appreciated,

    Thank you very much!
  2. blazer

    blazer Star commenter

    Probably equivalent to a PhD over there. In my experience US qualifications are one step behind our so a BEd in the UK is equal to a Masters in the US.

Share This Page