1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MA Education Research

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by MrsMusgrove, Feb 20, 2020.

1. MrsMusgrove

MrsMusgrove New commenter

Hi

I’ve previously posted this in Career Clinic as I’m not sure which forum is most suitable...
    I’m wondering if anyone has any experience of doing a masters in Education full time and how intense the timetable was. I am looking at starting a masters in education research full time whilst working in schools part time. Has anyone else done this? Is it manageable?

2. rolls

rolls Occasional commenter

Yes it probably is. It is a good idea to work part time in a school while studying a masters in Education as it will help with your research. Talk to your provider about whether you can move to part time if you find full time too stressful. Most will say yes, it is much easier to move from full time to part time on masters courses as the fees and funding regulations are usually the same for both, just spread over a longer time for part time. It is hard to move from part time to full time as you may have missed content. I would not sign up with a provider who does not offer a part time option, some may only offer part time as the expectation is that students are working whilst studying.