1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

MA Drama/Education

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by JessPayne, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Hello!

I've been trying to find a Drama / Education MA that can be completed whilst still working, i.e. will run at weekends / during holidays. The only one I can find is the LIPA MA Performing Arts Education - does anyone know of any others?

Thank you & a very Happy New Year! :0)

2. Hello!

I've been trying to find a Drama / Education MA that can be completed whilst still working, i.e. will run at weekends / during holidays. The only one I can find is the LIPA MA Performing Arts Education - does anyone know of any others?

Thank you & a very Happy New Year! :0)

3. Hi Jess!

I don't know of any others but I'm looking into that LIPA one too. What do you think of it?

4. Hello!

I really like the look of it actually, you?

I need to think of the practicalities of money and travelling to Liverpool but will probably apply next year.... lord knows if they would give me a place though!

:)

5. There's a Drama/ Education MA in Chester. I'm doing it at the moment in my spare time (if there is such a thing for Drama teachers). Good course and good value.

6. That's fantastic, thank you! I'll look into that... :eek:)

7. I fancy the one at LIPA.

Has anyone looked into funding or are you paying yourself?

I'll look at Chester too. [​IMG]

8. I think you should ask your school to fund some/all of it (my school is paying for quite a few people to do their MA at the moment).

Strictlycymdrama - do you know if it's ok not to live in the Chester area & still do their course? Thanks!

9. Wow really?? Did you approach them about that? I shall go to my line manager first thing Monday! I don't know if there'll be any joy-we're not in a very well off LEA-but it's worth a try. Thank you!

I don't see why you couldn't commute to do the MA, I don't think they'd be concerned about Geography.

10. I haven't approached them yet. It's worth a try though isn't it? We're a Leading Edge school - dunno if that impacts on the amount of money they have to allocate that CPD...

Yeah hopefully Chester Uni would be ok about that, it was more that I was wondering if their tutors ever come and visit you at school. I will email them and find out!

Good luck with your line manager! [​IMG]

11. I know the PGCE drama course at Chester is fab, not sure who is running the Ma course, but Allan owens would be a great guy to talk to. Miss Smile

12. Thank you Miss Smilie [​IMG]

13. Thank you Miss Smilie [​IMG]

14. The Chester course all takes place on the weekends (don't worry it's only two per term). I'm doing it at the moment and am really enjoying it. As far as I know, because it's modular you can join it at the beginning of any term. Give them a bell!

15. Ohhh interesting! I was trying to work out from the website how much it costs altogether to do the full MA.... do you know?

16. Roughly £800 I think.

17. Fabulous! Thank you, you've been really helpful! [​IMG]

18. You're welcome.

19. Warwick also do an MA in Drama and Theatre Education which runs on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings (only one per week if you're part time).

20. Hi! I got the impression that it was a daytime course - it's great to hear that it's not!

Thank you!