1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

M6 year while on maternity. When can I apply for threshold?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by bella1981, Feb 23, 2012.

1. bella1981

bella1981 New commenter

As the title suggests I progressed to M6 in September when I started my maternity. When can I apply for threshold? I am also aware that I need proof from PM meetings however my school did not complete these. The school was in special measures and has now merged with the nearby infants school. I will e really annoyed if I have to wait longer on M6 due to previous management not carrying out PM meetings. I know I have progressed so much in the last couple of years. The new head observed me on several occasions before my maternity and said she was very pleased as my lessons where good or outstanding. The head was also happy with the progress my class were making. Just wondering what steps I can take to progress up the payscale now I have a family to provide for.

Thank you

2. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

You can write to your head any time up to 31st October indicating your wish to be considered for progression. After that, it's up to them to deal with the request.
    You might want to have some evidence prepared such as your observation reports to help support your case.

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

You school will also be aware of the proposed changes to the pay progression structure coming into place shortly - so many are waiting to hear how to implement this and hanging fire on threshold, which may well be abandoned shortly.