1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

M1 to M2

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by mrandmrsscience, Sep 23, 2015.

1. mrandmrsscience

mrandmrsscience New commenter

Does anyone know should I automatically go from M1 to M2? I completed by NQT year last year and expected to move to M2 this Sept, except my pay has not changed, and after asking the Head of School was told 'she wasn't sure and would have to check, other people have said I might not be getting moved up? Should I not have been told if that was the case?

2. frustum

frustum Star commenter

That used to be standard, but now each school has its own pay policy. You need to look at your school's - it should be available to all staff.

3. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

If your PM reviews are done this term rather than last, it is likely that decisions will be based on them and not made until (say) October, with pay rises backdated. M1 and M2 were points on the old scale, which does not apply now unless your school has decided to stick to it.

4. mrandmrsscience

If i didn't have to undergo PM as was a NQT can a school refuse to move you up the pay scale? As I met all my criteria to pass?

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Successfully completing your NQT year does not, and never has, automatically qualified you for a payrise. Some people completed their year in December, and waited until the following September for a rise.

However, automatic payrises are a thing of the pass nationally. Quite simply it all depends on the Pay Policy of your school.

You need to look at your school's own Pay Policy.

Best wishes

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

@Mrsselley - you aren't going to get a different answer by asking the same question in a new thread, you know!

Look at the Pay Policy is the only answer that anyone can give you!

Best wishes

DYNAMO67 and sabrinakat like this.
  7. mrandmrsscience

Funny the union advises that it does. Ah well.

8. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

What does?

DYNAMO67 likes this.
  9. DYNAMO67

DYNAMO67 Lead commenter

Most of the time it happens in October. By then pm is done and governors can rubber stamp. As theo says nobody can give you an answer as things are not national and unquestionable anymore

10. mrandmrsscience

Very rude but thank you :) these things amuse me.