1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

M&S wine

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by anon2980, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Word of warning (hopefully not too late) for anyone partaking in the M&S 'dine in for 2 for £10' offer this w/e. Do not, I repeat do NOT choose the Sangiovese wine.
    Don't know if we were unlucky enough to get a bad bottle, or whether it's all like this, but the damn thing is utterly undrinkable. I mean vinegar. Not even suitable for cooking purposes. Mr manny poured the lot down the sink.
    *rude words*
    :-(

2. Word of warning (hopefully not too late) for anyone partaking in the M&S 'dine in for 2 for £10' offer this w/e. Do not, I repeat do NOT choose the Sangiovese wine.
    Don't know if we were unlucky enough to get a bad bottle, or whether it's all like this, but the damn thing is utterly undrinkable. I mean vinegar. Not even suitable for cooking purposes. Mr manny poured the lot down the sink.
    *rude words*
    :-(

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Sangiovese is usually a rather nice, if liight, wine. Am surprised about this but as I shall not be venturing forth very far from sofa or bed following my.....ahem.....accident......I shall not be trying it.
    Thanks Manny (and did you get your card?)

xxx

4. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Could it have oxidised, Manny?
    Sangiovese it usually quite good, as Belle says. A reliable every day wine. M&S wines are normally resliable too.

5. I certainly did, my lovely! See 'dinner' thread.
    I laughed MFA off (and so did Mr Manny). You are a star. :)
    Get well soon and rest up, REST!!!!

6. Ah, I think you could be right, nick. First thing Mr M said was 'urgh, that's f***in' corked', until he realised it was a screw top...
    Fortunately, we are not wineless, as had this little beauty in reserve (courtesy of the Co-op):
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/nov/21/best-sub-5-pound-wine-2009-review
    It's now £5.39, but still a stunner of a red. Get thee to the Co-op and fill yer boots!

7. Hiya Serdinya, mate! xx
    Love it!!! :-D
    Have to tell you, we went (against my better judgement) to our local pub for New Year and it was so dead that I resorted to chucking vast sums of money into the creaky old juke box. Miraculously, they had some not bad stuff on there (inbetween the ubiquitous 'Now XXX' compilation dross) and one of the albums was UB40. From which I selected the following:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCGcljqOSW0

8. I hadn't listened to that for years! - thanks. Have a great evening Manashee xx

9. You're welcome. :) Nowt like a blast from the past. ;-)
    Will do, you too, pal. :) xx

10. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Hmmm...I have a bottle on the rack. Will leave it there for the time being!