1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

M&S cafe a truely exhausting experience

Discussion in 'Personal' started by eggnchips, Sep 16, 2011.

1. How hard can it be? A coffee and something sweet please. No no no! Wait for ages,make your choice regular/large skinnydippy chocomocha thingy. Would you like.... blah blah blah? Little buzzers with flashing lights going off? Young lad making coffee at the pace of a snail.

Sorry for the delay. Is everything OK for you Madam? More blah blah.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Black coffee with cold milk please....that'll be an Americano, apparently!

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

You don't seem to be having very good dining experiences with M&S eggnchips. It wasn't very long ago you had the meal for £10 that you disliked so much [​IMG]

4. I once went to a cafe where the waitress recited a long list of all the available options...I stopped her spiel and said I'd like a black coffee please....she looked perturbed and stammered out that she didn't think they did 'black coffee'! ...A waitress from another table overheard and came across 'it's fine,' she said' a black coffee is 'an Americano hold the milk'!'.
    (and don't get me started on 'hold' the milk...it's 'without' milk!)

5. And they always run out of decaff lattes when I go in! Grrrrrr!

6. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

I HATE my local M+S cafe! They treat you like an idiot. You have to stand for ages and are not even allowed to begin getting served/viewing the food to decide what you want until there's a spare table available. Then you have to decide what you want. If you choose a salad or similar, it's taken away to be transfered into a bowl and fiddled about with, then returned to you.
    I invariably have to ask for a fresh cake/scone etc because they don't provide enough tongs and there's a chance that the nut-containing products have seen contact with the same tongs as the ones I was to use to pick up my allergy-friendly scone.
    Then the coffee....oh my goodness what a carry on.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

We're all American now!!
    I just want a white coffee. Not too milky. With coffee in it. Not too complicated.

8. I can't comment on the M&S cafe experience as I've never used one, but I do find the food-hall a bit of a nightmare. Every time i go in - and I do mean every time - the place is swarming with feral pensioners. I still have a bruise on my ulna from a trolley-happy eighty year old. Serves me right for getting between her and her Scottish smoked salmon, I suppose.

9. I overheard somebody say she had bought a scone in the food-hall and then taken it to the cafe, thereby saving herself about a pound!

The wine offer with a bit of food thrown in wasn't bad this week and per una is looking up.

10. unbelievable, it's just the same where I live, I don't bother going in anymore.

11. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Occasional commenter

Our very slow M&S cafe was moved to another bit of the store and had a revamp - much bigger, brighter and even SLOWER! Gave up.

12. anteater

anteater New commenter

Only been in their cafes a couple of times - no problems with the service etc - BUT: their carrot cake is full of coconut...and that is just wrong.