1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

M level credit at PGCE

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by evilpixie, Feb 14, 2011.

1. I'm doing my PGCE with NTU and if I continue my study with them I will get a MA in Education (Teaching and learning)
    My BSc is with Lincoln and Hull

2. I'm just doing my MA Ed having just finished my PGCE with M level credits.
    Am assuming the MA would be awarded from the uni at which you make up the final credits and do the dissertation, as I think you only get up to 60 credits during the PGCE and the MA makes up a larger portion of it. Double check that the uni you want to do an MA at is happy to take into account credits gained during PGCE.The uni that you do your PGCE at may offer discounts for MA modules for previous students which is how I'm affording mine.
    The PGCE will already have been awarded so I think the MA is awarded as just that and doesn't convert into anything else. If you get a definate answer I'd love to know too! I hadn't really thought that far ahead, I guess I'm just happy to get any old bit of paper that says well done! :)