1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

M/H Recovery Spa Thread.

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by sideshowbob, Nov 25, 2007.

1. I know a lot of us became ill with mental health issues at around the same time. I think most of us are generally feeling better. I thought this thread might be a place to check in.

So, I'm a lot better, I feel nothing and I'm still a bit glum. How's everyone else?

I've sent off an application for casual hours too. I've motivated myserlf to do lots of stuff and I'm sleeping less. I'm looking forward to Christmas and I'm going away. My Christmas presents are mostly wrapped and I only have a couple to get.

2. I know a lot of us became ill with mental health issues at around the same time. I think most of us are generally feeling better. I thought this thread might be a place to check in.

So, I'm a lot better, I feel nothing and I'm still a bit glum. How's everyone else?

I've sent off an application for casual hours too. I've motivated myserlf to do lots of stuff and I'm sleeping less. I'm looking forward to Christmas and I'm going away. My Christmas presents are mostly wrapped and I only have a couple to get.

3. Was out 2 nights on the trot meeting up with friends. Realised that I have good supportive friends. Enjoyed both evenings, but so so tired today. Good to know there's a reason though!

4. Feeling better, still some issues but am slowly facing them one by one. Have got a few decisions to make but think I can do it soon.

Well done on getting your xmas pressies. I have had to tell everyone that I won't be getting anyone anything this year except mum and dad. Most people were fine except my brother but he's a *****.

Just off to arrange the secret santa for this years xmas celebrations.

x

5. I am not attending this year's meal as I am too vulnerable and pretending I am who I used to be is stressful!

WC, your brother will just have to get over it.

6. I am glad that you are all feeling better. I have had a great weekend, I managed to get out with my O/H this weekend and also met up with a fiend on Saturday, so I feel very much like I am on the road to recovery. The AD are working for me, also the fact that I am not going back to that school has helped immensely! Now I am looking forward to moving and christmas.

7. sometimes I think I am back to normal, but I am not. Not good in the mornings still. And living such a quiet life; my busy busy former existence seems to belong to someone else.

8. Just popped in to see if there was any space in the Spa.

Got to say temping in an office is not all its cracked up to be.

9. Plenty of room at the spa. I am getting to know the new me. I go for my counselling assessment this week which is scary. Drugs have kicked in, I only really notice that I get tired easily and don't have lows or highs.

I'm sort of glad that I have had the chance to reevaluate my life. I used to do everything at work from the shopping to the washing because no-one else would. Well, they have to now.

10. Have you been to counselling yet?

11. My first session, to see if I need counselling, is this week.

12. Right ... I got it through my LEA

13. I don't work for the LEA. I am stupid and didn't need a safety net. G.P does not offer counselling, but MIND does. Hurrah.

14. Ahhh!

Not sure what I think of counselling but it was not what I expected.

15. Unfortunately I know what to expect. I did some training a while back!

16. Right.

Be prepared for the aftershock effect.

17. Yeah, I am worried about the 'can of worms'.

18. It can surprise you what the 'can of worms' actually is.

19. I need to know.

20. Yes it does help