1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

M&S hopeless customer service

Discussion in 'Personal' started by eggnchips, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Excuse me can you suggest any shoes to go with these jeans (I am about to buy along with other items)

"No not really you can have what you like! "

It's quite difficult choosing the right clothes not everybody is a standard size.(About to spend a fair bit on Mr. Egg)

"Yeah" (looks bored)

2. Boo! What a poor attitude - really spoils your shopping.
    If you are near any of the big city department stores, try their personal shopper services. I realise the products are quite often more expensive than trusty old M&S - but you can restrict yourself to perhaps making one or two key purchases and picking up LOTS of good tips on what styles work together, and what best suits you, from people whose job it is to care... or at least give a really good outward impression of it!

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Two experiences with M&S bra fitting service:

The lady measured me and declared a size, then stood there looking at me. I said "What happens now?" and she replied "We don't have anything in that size!"
    I asked why not and she told me that nobody needs that size.
    Duh!
    "It fits you well, there's nothing wrong with the fit."
    "I was after something moer uplifting maybe..."
    "Well I can measure you again, but you won't get anything that fits better."

I gave up.

4. Never ever go for a bra. Hopeless. John Lewis every time.

5. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I swear by Bravissimo, fantastic fitting and advice service. I will never go anywhere else again.

6. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Oh, to have such choice!

Mind you, by the end of the year, there will be a John Lewis within 100 miles from here!

7. It's a bit boring but once you get one you like order repeats on line.

8. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I like M&S bras but their fitting service is very hit and miss. One girl told me that she could measure me in a thick jumper and told me that I was a 38A - miles off! I wasn't very chuffed about being told that I was considerably fatter and flatter than I really am but when I told her that it was clearly wrong she just shrugged.
    I have also been measured well there since but I prefer to just try some on and pick the size for myself.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I found John Lewis was most inefficient. I'm going to Rigby and Peller as a last resort.

10. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

In my experience, women don't make the best engineers whether in bra design, or anything else. I'm not saying they couldn't do it if they tried hard enough, but the legacy hasn't been inspiring. There's a building that catches my eye everytime I wait in the queue to get through the Blackwall tunnel.
    It's a cylindrical skyscraper with a sloping top, so the first thing you think of when you see it is a lipstick. I can't think that a man looking for inspiration would have found something nearby to help, but any woman would have it to hand.

11. Spanakopita

Spanakopita New commenter

D'you mean the gherkin?

12. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

No, the one I'm refering to is nearer to Canary Wharf. A white building when it was put up, but probaby grey now if you look close.

13. I say chaps and chapesses it just is jolly bad form and not cricket to fob myself and my better half off in such a manner.

Those M&S chappies should know I have a mind to take my £20 to Matalan.

14. Hey, have you tried looking at M&S on-line recently? Drives me mad! Every interesting item seems to be available in a couple of sizes, tiny or HUGE - never mine! This seems to apply even to 'new' stock.