1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lyrica / Pregabalin alternative

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Darthteacher, May 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Darthteacher

Darthteacher New commenter

I have severe nerve pains in my leg and left foot (Sport injury), I've been taking Lyrica/Pregabalin. :(Has anyone been on this drug and switched it out for a new medication? What results did you get?
    Thanks for any help:)
    Mike

2. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

I use gabapentin and amitriptyline. These, along with pregablin is pretty much it for nerve pain. I find that the amitriptyline enhances gabapentin, but I had to persevere with them both: The gabapanetin to overcome the drunk feeling, the amitryp. to avoid the hangover feeling.

I'm sorry you have nerve pain-it's a swine. :( How long have you been on them for? 3 months for me to feel full effect.

3. ThereAreBunniesInMyHead

ThereAreBunniesInMyHead Occasional commenter

I take Duloxetine for nerve pain in my back, and its very similar to the others mentioned above, just without the often associated weight gain of the others. I felt drunk for the first two days of taking it, but that feeling soon disappeared, and I have found it has really helped with the nerve pain in my back so I'm happy on it for now.