1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lycra sheets in Early Years music- Resources/ideas?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Eleanor WJ, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Hi there,

I have been to many INSET days and seen workshops where the leader uses lycra sheets in Early Years music sessions.

I have now purchased a lovely emerald green sheet but I'm not sure what to do with it!

Has anyone got any resources/ideas/games or songs that can used with a lycra sheet or parachute?

Many thanks,

E

2. Hi there,

I have been to many INSET days and seen workshops where the leader uses lycra sheets in Early Years music sessions.

I have now purchased a lovely emerald green sheet but I'm not sure what to do with it!

Has anyone got any resources/ideas/games or songs that can used with a lycra sheet or parachute?

Many thanks,

E

3. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Make a pair of cycling shorts?

Sorry, couldn't resist! I imagine that performing something like "Dry Bones" could be quite effective (pulling the sheet upwards as "the ankle bone is connected to the leg bone", etc - as long as it doesn't turn into a nightclub act!).

But if you have seen this device frequently demonstrated at Early music sessions, surely you would have some ideas from those? (Sorry to say the obvious!)

4. It's true, I have some ideas from the workshops, but they have been fully participatory, so you sing the songs during the session and then completely forget them!

But hey, if all else fails I'm sure some cycling shorts could come in handy...:)

Thanks for the dry bones suggestion, I'll give it a whirl.

5. HI There
    Where did you manage to purchase the lycra blanket as i am looking to get one to work with some of our children here.

If you you google games with parachutes you will find lots of ideas.

Thanks
    l

6. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Florian - you beat me to it! (the correct name for a cyc
    ling all-in-one is a skin suit, as shorts don't go near your ankle! (But Spanx pants would be more use to me [​IMG] not as young as I used to be!)
    [​IMG]

interested to know what this really is.............

7. LennoxBerkeley

LennoxBerkeley New commenter

Hello there forum. It's been a while but I think this must be one of the best posts ever posted. Let me get this straight. You were so inspired by this INSET that you dashed out and bought a parachute. And then you couldn't remember what to do with it? Age does this.
    And where can I ge some Spanx pants?
    Lennox

8. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Welcome back Lennox!
    when I find them I'll let you know!
    [​IMG]
    joni xx

9. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

hi
    I started a thread on the same topic a while back - have a scroll back and find it as there were some useful responses.