1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lurgy!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by copycat, Dec 26, 2011.

1. copycat

copycat Occasional commenter

Is anyone else out there suffering the same symptoms as I am ?
    Have been waking in the early hours shivering and freezing cold and then later burning up , slight sore throat , and also like heartburn and indigestion all the time and a burning sensation in my throat and chest when I've eaten.
    Stayed in bed most of today but still feel exhausted.
    Feeling sorry for myself!

2. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

Not those exact symptoms, but I've been feeling pretty crappy over the past few days. Chesty cough, sore throat and a raging cold. All the more annoying because I got married on Christmas Eve and I felt dreadful! Fortunately, the adrenalin pulled me through, but fortunately, we had an early wedding and then we didn't bother with a reception, just a big party in the evening, so I had time to go to sleep when I got home for a bit. Not the most romantic of wedding days, but we're off on honeymoon tomorrow so hopefully I'll be better by then!

3. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

Lots of bugs around at the moment it seems - my mum would blame it all on the mild weather failing to kill off the germs. Not sure if there's anything in that!
    And Eva - congratulations! Have a lovely honeymoon!
    To us poor sods left behind, sniffing and coughing - get well soon!

4. copycat

copycat Occasional commenter

Yes congratulations Eva. How miserable to be ill on your wedding day.
    Have a wonderful honeymoon.
    Copycat (still suffering!!)

5. Got exactly the same symptoms, with the indigestion symptoms making me feel really sick. Hope you're feeling better soon!

6. Me too - combined with a cough that's been keeping we awake since early last week and blocked up ears which randomly ache,
    There were so many things which I had planned to do, including going to Europe on Boxing Day for a few days. Instead, all I've done is curl up on the couch with a hot water bottle and myriad cold-remedies. I was SO exhausted by the end of term and I expect that's the reason why we teachers have been simultaneously struck down. Grrr...
    Get well soon everyone, especially Eva!!