1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lump behind ear

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Sparkles2010, Jun 7, 2011.

1. I found this lump behind my ear... it's on my head on the bone, sorry can't describe exactly where. I noticed it by accident about a month ago when I went to scratch my head. It's still there and feels like a pea size lump under the skin. I am not sure if it could be a cyst or something. I am a little worried since it is still there. Does anyone have any ideas what it may be? I am seeing my GP on Fri so will mention it to her then I guess. I feel a bit silly really but I would rather be safe than sorry.

2. I found this lump behind my ear... it's on my head on the bone, sorry can't describe exactly where. I noticed it by accident about a month ago when I went to scratch my head. It's still there and feels like a pea size lump under the skin. I am not sure if it could be a cyst or something. I am a little worried since it is still there. Does anyone have any ideas what it may be? I am seeing my GP on Fri so will mention it to her then I guess. I feel a bit silly really but I would rather be safe than sorry.

3. I just think that you should get it checked out, which you are doing, so good.

4. Lipoma (harmless lump of fat - I've got one on my arm)?
    Mastoid abscess? I think you'd know if it was because you'd be screaming in pain.
    Swollen lymph node? Had any sort of above-shoulder infection recently?
    Them's me guesses. What's the prize if one of them is right? [​IMG]

5. Thanks for your replies. I did think about swollen lymph node - possible I guess. Not really had any of the above... I have a problem with the shoulder but that's more of a trapped nerve and have been having treatment. Could be a lump of fat (sounds gross and funny how it just appeared). Anyway, I will get it checked just to be sure.

6. My daughter has little lumps just here and always has had. They did swell up a lot when she had chicken pox when she was little. The doctor said they are just lymph nodes and some people have ones that are easy to feel

7. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

My old GP always said pea-sized lumps anywhere should be brought to his immediate attention.