1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Luddite needing help with MS Word if at all possible!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Miss Flump, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Hi folks,
    I was wondering if anybody could help me to solve what is, hopefully, a very easy query.
    I am creating a worksheet using Word and have entered some text into a shape at the top of the page. I am now wanting to type a paragraph beneath the shape a little further down the page, but can't as the cursor won't move to where I want it to!
    Can anyone help me to resolve this issue? I would be extremely grateful for any guidance.
    Thank you!
    MF

2. inq

inq

Is the text 'attached' to the shape? If I draw a shape and don't fill it I can type so it appears in the shape but enter moves cursor down. If it is a text box with writing I can move it.
    You could try selecting the shape and writing, hitting CTRL x to cut it, add lots of enters to move down the page, CTRL V to put shae back and then you should be able to click where you want to start writing.
    Sorry if this doesn't help.

3. http://teach-ict.com/videohome.htm

4. Excellent. Thanks for your help. [​IMG]